Friday, August 13, 2010

Can it be proto- if nobody's ever heard it?

I dunno, but you can be the judge...

"First Chips is actually Vyto Beleska backed by various musicians which were probably the different bands he was in or other musician friends....one track is from December '64 on which Vyto plays all the instruments & sound effects and all the other tracks date from December '70 to September '72.Pretty strange sound between psych,blues with much experimentation. " - Mutant Sounds
I don't really know what else you could call this record, as it's so singular and strange, but I think there were only like, 200 copies even made. The question, then, is who the hell did it influence?

Vyto B. is obviously a very talented and creative guy; this is also apparent on his two bizarre solo albums, "Tricentennial 2076" and "Automatic Vaudeville," though they sound nothing like this.

Here it is for you to hear for free, until somebody re-releases it and tells me to take it down.

Artist: First Chips
Album: First Chips Volume One (1970-1972)
Tracklist:
1. Stoneball
2. Present Song of the Future
3. Me and My Lady
4. Pieces
5. Time (Part One)
6. My Love
7. Fire Mountain
8. Thoughts of You
9. My World and Your World
10. Mind and Soul
11. Love has Happened (Again)

No comments:

Post a Comment